5 Tips for the perfect wedding video
Brides and Grooms find their wedding day is such a whirlwind that they struggle to remember those once-in-a-lifetime moments. In fact, more than 1 in 4 couples admit to not remembering their wedding vows with 54% blaming ‘wedding day chaos’ as the main cause for wedding day memory loss.
But the biggest wedding regret that newlyweds have is not getting their wedding videoed, with over a third not having one.
The survey of 2,000 people was conducted by Sony and revealed that the big day is such a whirlwind that many couples are not able to take in all the precious moments along the way.
It seems people trust their best friend more than their Mum or Dad to film their wedding day – 33% would put their faith in their best friend to film their wedding, with just 13% trusting Dad and 6% trusting Mum!
With wedding season approaching, Sony partnered with renowned wedding videographer Jeff Wood, who shares his secrets for creating the perfect wedding video on Sony’s new 4K Handycam.
Top 5 tips to capturing the perfect wedding video
- Take short clips (3 to 5 seconds), think of each clip as a photograph and think about the composition and meaning of that shot. Don’t just let it roll and point to the action as it happen.
- Consider audio as well as video when you are taking these shots. What is being said is as important, if not more important than what is being done
- Sit and wait, some of the most interesting stuff is just about to happen. If you go looking for it, you’ll always be one step behind
- Don ‘t film a photography session as this will only do two things – capture the couple feeling awkward, and annoy the photographer. Documentary film making is about the mood and feelings of the day. The mood and feelings during a couple’s photo shoot are not important to the big picture
- Split the video acquisition into two categories – ‘A roll’ and ‘B roll’. The ‘A roll’ is vows, speeches and readings. The ‘B roll’ is everything else that happens during the day. Give yourself the freedom to get visually creative with the ‘B roll’ because during the ‘A roll’ what is said is the important thing
set image- pixabay