With more collections embracing designs tailored towards a fuller-figure we take a look at some of this season’s key styles for the curvy bride
Guaranteed to make any bride feel like royalty, a ball-gown style wedding dress is the choice for ladies who want to highlight their chest and cleavage while minimizing attention on their lower half. The natural hourglass shape of a ball-gown creates a clinched in waist, and necklines can be tailored to suit your individual taste to show off as much (or as little) as you like.
Mermaid dresses are a sexy, seductive and stylish way to show off your body on the big day. Closely fitted from the chest down, a mermaid dress shoots outwards at knee or calf-level to create an eye-catching flare and stunning design feature. For plus-size brides, they are the ideal shape to create a natural curve in your body which mimics the gown.
For curvy brides blessed with a flawless hourglass figure, the A-Line dress will hug and cling to all the right places. Fitted across the body, the A-Line works well for shorter ladies who want to give the illusion of an elongated body.
Top Tips for Curvy Brides
- Emphasize those curves! Opt for a dress which clinches in at the waist or fits snugly around the hips to create an enviable hourglass figure.
- Search for structure. Proper boning in a dress is what keeps it comfortable and wearable all day long.
- Embrace shapewear! All brides turn to shapewear to create a flawless finish for their bridal look.
- Be fabric wise! Some fabrics are more forgiving than others. Taffeta is a great choice for the curvier bride, as well as ruched satin.
- Pay attention to the neckline. Many brides tend to jump for a strapless gown, but sometimes a V or high neck is a great way to elongate the body and add an air of seductiveness.
- Wear it with confidence! Whether you are at your first fitting, or strutting down the aisle like it’s a runway, a wedding dress always looks its very best when worn with confidence.