DIY delights – Homemade Wedding Favours
Get crafty and make some DIY goat’s cheese and herb salt wedding favours for your big day.
Cheap Wedding Decorations
Gorgeous homemade wedding favours that will wow your guests and are also easy to D.I.Y.
If we were asked to name our ten top wedding favour ideas, handmade herb infused jar and bottles of loveliness would be right at the top, not only do they look and taste amazing, but they give you the opportunity to get crafty and creative, making your gift to your wedding guests extra special…
DIY Marinated Goats Cheese Favours
How adorable are these cute little jam jars? Marinated goats cheese makes an elegant and sophisticated alternative to the usual sweet favours but can be an acquired taste so if you know any of your guests aren’t too excited about the strong tasting cheese then simply infuse some olive oil with herbs. Chilli and rosemary dipping oil, anyone?
Time: 10 Minutes
•goat cheese log
•various herbs: parsley, thyme, rosemary, sage and chives
•sterilized sealable jars
- Break off pieces of goat cheese log and form into balls.
- Add balled cheese to a sterilized sealable jar.
- Pour in olive oil to cover cheese.
- Add selection of herbs (we used parsley, thyme, rosemary, sage and chives)
- Seal jar and refrigerate until chilled, approximately 4 hours
DIY Herbed Salt Favours
You can’t go wrong with posh salt, everybody loves it but nobody buys it for themselves. This recipe is excellent but if you feel like switching it up use any herbs you like. We love spicy salt!
Time: 10 Minutes
•1/2 cup fresh packed herbs
•1/2 cup coarse sea salt
- Using a morter and pestal, grind together 1/2 cup of fresh packed herbs.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of coarse sea salt.
- Spoon salt mixture into glass jars and let air dry for 4 hours before capping or corking
Styled by Alise Lewis Event Design, labels by Katie Irvin, of Design by Katie ~ Photography by Sarah Elle Noran, Park Road Photography, Parkroadphotography.com ~ Reproduced with the kind permission of Stylemepretty.com .