Bride’s Survival Guide for the Wedding Show Season!
Tips on how to survive the crazy wedding fair season!
Brace yourself, the wedding show season is here! If your head is spinning just thinking about all the wedding fairs you’ll be attending in the next few weeks then our bride’s survival guide is for you!
Unless you’ve been living under a stone, you can’t help but notice that the wedding show season is upon us!
It all kicks off with The Wedding Journal Show in Belfast and Dublin, followed by countless hotel wedding fairs and bridal runway shows. At the end of it all, your head will be bursting with wedding info overload and your feet will be sore!
If you’re going to survive this flurry of wedding fairs with your mind and body in tact then you need to follow these tips:
- There are over 300 wedding suppliers at major events like The Wedding Journal Show which can be a little overwhelming. Decide before you start what it is that you want to find at show and focus on those areas and related businesses.
- Bring along friends and/or family members (your Show ‘wedding team’) who you know will enjoy the experience, offer good advice and be helpful when making decisions.
- Wear comfy shoes – there’s often hundreds of exhibitors to meet and lots of ground to cover so you don’t want your feet giving up on you!
- Bring a notebook and pen – and don’t be self-conscious about stopping at a stand and making notes. With so much to see, it’s easy to forget little details you noticed about exhibitors or their services.
- Make sure you see all the exhibitors. Many are offering special prices or discounts to people who visit their stand or make a booking at the show and you won’t want to miss out.
- Price compare. Find something you like, think about it and then get another quote. Don’t always go for the cheapest price either, look for something you really want and work with the supplier to get the right deal.
- It’s easy to get overwhelmed. Don;t feel you need to visit every wedding show. Taking a break and having a wedding-free weekend is a good idea to clear your head and get your mind focused.
- Major shows usually have hundreds of competitions to enter , so unless you fancy writing out your name and address again and again, bring a sheet of pre-printed address labels with you.
- Drink lots of water – this wedding show business can be dehydrating work, so keep your mind sharp by drinking lots of water.
- Take cash, you never know what you might find. Some suppliers will take card payments on the day but wouldn’t it be awful to miss out on something special?