Yes, being engaged is a magical and incredible time but here’s Wedding Journal’s guide to things no one tells you about planning a wedding …
It’s only fair we let you know about the odd occasions when it ain’t all rainbows and butterflies and staring into your diamond engagement ring and feeling like the luckiest girl in the world.
Because *newsflash* there will be at least five occasions when you have to supress the urge to scream in someone’s face.
Planning a wedding is hard work, but not only that, it’s quite an enlightening time that’s full of surprises.We guarantee that you’ll learn more about yourself (for better and for worse) during your engagement, than you have during the course of your entire life.
So to prepare you slightly for what’s to come, we’ve created a list of the 10 things that no one tells you about planning a wedding.
1. Planning a wedding requires a degree or a least three years’ experience in an event management role.
You will require organisational skills that you thought were beyond human capability.
2. Your groom won’t care about anything that matters.
You’ll get used to hearing the phrase ‘Whatever you want is fine with me.’ And it will make your blood boil.
3. Your groom will care about everything that doesn’t matter.
He will genuinely suggest hiring the Batmobile as your wedding car. When you point-blank refuse he’ll pretend it was a joke. It was not a joke.
4. Time starts going at lightening speed.
5. Putting together a table plan will make you feel like Russell Crowe’s character in the film A Beautiful Mind.
If you haven’t seen A Beautiful Mind (sidenote – it’s great) this means you will feel insane. Sorry, *spoiler alert*
6. People will start asking you when you’re going to have a baby.
And that will also make your blood boil. A lot of things that people do will make your blood boil.
7.You find it hard to hold a conversation that isn’t about weddings/your wedding
So you develop a skill of turning every topic into a discussion about your wedding. And that will make other people’s blood boil.
8. You will start to randomly cry about thing you never thought you’d cry about
Eg table cloths, ribbons and flowers.
9. You will have at least one bridezilla moment.
Don’t fight it. You need this.
10. You will get sick of cake.
Nope. We didn’t think it was possible either but seriously, after hours of cake tasting, the thought of icing will make you barf.