It’s a Tuesday, it’s raining, it’s January and pay day is still a while off – we imagine, like us, you’re feeling pretty fragile…
So prepare to absolutely bawl your eyes out at this emotional video of a local man singing his bride down the aisle to a teary ballad.
The clip shows Niall Donnelly from Omagh waiting at the altar for his bride Jill, singing an emotionally charged rendition of Ronan Keating’s This I Promise You.
The video was first taken at Niall and Jill’s wedding in Drumragh Chapel back in 2010, but went viral again this week after being re-posted on Facebook.
It’s probably not surprising to hear that with a voice like that, Niall is actually a professional singer with over 15 years’ experience.
Speaking to Breakingnews.ie about his spur of the moment decision to sing the song, Niall said: “Bronagh (his singing partner) and I have been doing chapel singing at weddings for years and this is one of the songs that we’d do.
“At the rehearsal dinner on the Thursday night before the wedding somebody suggested that I sing it for Jill – but in my head, the thought of it was pure cheese.
“I thought ‘no way’ – but then the night before the wedding the lads from the band were at my house, we had a few whiskies in us and they talked me into it.”
Well we’re certainly glad that Niall mustered up the courage. Even though we’re weeping into our keyboards…
You might also like:
- What does your sleep position say about your relationship? Research shows which sleep positions mean a stronger relationship.
- Which TV presenter owns this enormous engagement ring? The gorgeous blonde revealed her impressive engagement ring live on TV this week.
- Galgorm Resort & Spa show off skills in amazing Marryoke video Following their successful bridal open day, the award-winning wedding venue have released this hilarious Marryoke video.
- Men are spending less on engagement rings and proposals New study shows that the recession has impacted the perfect proposal.
- Xpose’s Lisa Cannon holds 1980s engagement party The TV3 presenter donned a Wonder Woman costume to celebrate her upcoming wedding.
- Congratulations! Jodie Kidd is engaged The model shows off her stunning engagement ring from her ex-soldier fiancé.
- One in five couples EXPECT their marriages to end in divorce New study reveals that over 20% of newlyweds and engaged couples expect divorce in future.
- Most extravagant save the date memo EVER OTT couple pull out all the stops to reveal the date of their wedding.
- One in three women buy their OWN engagement rings Survey reveals that a third of women buy their own engagement rings.
- Priest’s AMAZING surprise leaves bride and groom speechless Father Ray Kelly from Meath gives bride Leah and groom Chris a pretty big shock during their wedding reception.