It’s a Tuesday, it’s raining, it’s January and pay day is still a while off – we imagine, like us, you’re feeling pretty fragile…
So prepare to absolutely bawl your eyes out at this emotional video of a local man singing his bride down the aisle to a teary ballad.
The clip shows Niall Donnelly from Omagh waiting at the altar for his bride Jill, singing an emotionally charged rendition of Ronan Keating’s This I Promise You.
The video was first taken at Niall and Jill’s wedding in Drumragh Chapel back in 2010, but went viral again this week after being re-posted on Facebook.
It’s probably not surprising to hear that with a voice like that, Niall is actually a professional singer with over 15 years’ experience.
Speaking to Breakingnews.ie about his spur of the moment decision to sing the song, Niall said: “Bronagh (his singing partner) and I have been doing chapel singing at weddings for years and this is one of the songs that we’d do.
“At the rehearsal dinner on the Thursday night before the wedding somebody suggested that I sing it for Jill – but in my head, the thought of it was pure cheese.
“I thought ‘no way’ – but then the night before the wedding the lads from the band were at my house, we had a few whiskies in us and they talked me into it.”
Well we’re certainly glad that Niall mustered up the courage. Even though we’re weeping into our keyboards…
You might also like:
- Dramatic wedding in Iceland goes viral These breathtaking elopement photos will make you want to book a plane ticket to Iceland immediately.
- Cheryl Cole wears black for second wedding celebration The singer chose a dramatic black dress for her UK wedding celebration.
- Las Vegas Club tells hen party ‘no ugly girls’ Hakkasan at the MGM Grand refuses entry to 'whales or hippos'
- Watch Jessica Simpson’s wedding video The star gives us a glimpse of her amazing big day.
- Hilariously bad wedding photo goes viral This unfortunate wedding picture will make your day.
- Adam Levine marries Victoria’s Secret model The Maroon 5 frontman married Behati Prinsloo this weekend in Mexico.
- Saturday’s singer Frankie Sandford ties the knot! Frankie married footballer Wayne Bridge this weekend in Bedfordshire.
- Cari’s Closet Bridal opening THIS WEEK The Dublin bridal boutique will stock amazing wedding dresses from the likes of Berta Bridal.
- Carry Bradshaw crashes an Irish wedding Sarah Jessica Parker makes an impromptu appearance at a Limavady woman’s wedding.
- “My mum died on my wedding day” Sophie’s story Find out how to take part in Macmillan Cancer Support’s ‘World’s Biggest Coffee Morning’