It’s a Tuesday, it’s raining, it’s January and pay day is still a while off – we imagine, like us, you’re feeling pretty fragile…
So prepare to absolutely bawl your eyes out at this emotional video of a local man singing his bride down the aisle to a teary ballad.
The clip shows Niall Donnelly from Omagh waiting at the altar for his bride Jill, singing an emotionally charged rendition of Ronan Keating’s This I Promise You.
The video was first taken at Niall and Jill’s wedding in Drumragh Chapel back in 2010, but went viral again this week after being re-posted on Facebook.
It’s probably not surprising to hear that with a voice like that, Niall is actually a professional singer with over 15 years’ experience.
Speaking to Breakingnews.ie about his spur of the moment decision to sing the song, Niall said: “Bronagh (his singing partner) and I have been doing chapel singing at weddings for years and this is one of the songs that we’d do.
“At the rehearsal dinner on the Thursday night before the wedding somebody suggested that I sing it for Jill – but in my head, the thought of it was pure cheese.
“I thought ‘no way’ – but then the night before the wedding the lads from the band were at my house, we had a few whiskies in us and they talked me into it.”
Well we’re certainly glad that Niall mustered up the courage. Even though we’re weeping into our keyboards…
You might also like:
- Top ten places to get married abroad We reveal the ten most popular countries for couple's getting married abroad
- Win a £25,000 Wedding!
- Win a €25,000 Wedding! Win the wedding of your dreams, worth €25,000, at The Wedding Journal Show in Dublin this January.
- How deep is your love? Couple hold underwater wedding See pictures of this incredible underwater wedding in a 1.5 million litre seawater divers' training tank at Fort William, Scotland.
- Weird ways couples say ‘I love you’ This hilarious video is the perfect depiction of modern love.
- Groom divorces wife on their wedding day A man had a bit of a change of heart during his wedding.
- Irish couple make the best wedding entrance ever Charlene and Nathan shocked guests ahead of their arrival to their wedding reception at Cabra Castle.
- Colin Farrell writes open letter supporting gay marriage rights in Ireland The actor pens heartfelt letter to the people of Ireland and reveals his gay brother’s struggle for acceptance.
- Company launches ‘solo wedding packages’ for single women This is for those who dream of a big white traditional wedding, without the hassle of a husband.
- Wedding Fashion Showcase Wedding Fashion Showcase, 21st November in Derry's historic St Columb's Cathedral