It’s a Tuesday, it’s raining, it’s January and pay day is still a while off – we imagine, like us, you’re feeling pretty fragile…
So prepare to absolutely bawl your eyes out at this emotional video of a local man singing his bride down the aisle to a teary ballad.
The clip shows Niall Donnelly from Omagh waiting at the altar for his bride Jill, singing an emotionally charged rendition of Ronan Keating’s This I Promise You.
The video was first taken at Niall and Jill’s wedding in Drumragh Chapel back in 2010, but went viral again this week after being re-posted on Facebook.
It’s probably not surprising to hear that with a voice like that, Niall is actually a professional singer with over 15 years’ experience.
Speaking to Breakingnews.ie about his spur of the moment decision to sing the song, Niall said: “Bronagh (his singing partner) and I have been doing chapel singing at weddings for years and this is one of the songs that we’d do.
“At the rehearsal dinner on the Thursday night before the wedding somebody suggested that I sing it for Jill – but in my head, the thought of it was pure cheese.
“I thought ‘no way’ – but then the night before the wedding the lads from the band were at my house, we had a few whiskies in us and they talked me into it.”
Well we’re certainly glad that Niall mustered up the courage. Even though we’re weeping into our keyboards…
You might also like:
- How much do Irish people spend on wedding presents New survey reveals some surprising truths about wedding guest spending habits in Ireland.
- FINALLY! Kourtney Kardashian agrees to marry Scott Disick The oldest Kardashian sister will walk down the aisle with Disick after seven years together.
- Girls Star Allison Williams reveals engagement ring and shock proposal details The actress gives the world a glimpse of her incredible diamond ring given to her by fiancé Ricky Van Veen.
- I now pronounce you Mr and Mrs Potato Head! Wedding photographer uses Toy Story characters to explain his job to his young son.
- Mary-Kate Olsen is engaged! See her enormous engagement ring. The Olsen twin steps out with diamond ring on her finger after announcing engagement to French boyfriend.
- THIS is why you need a gift list. Couple end up with 27 toasters after deciding not to register for wedding presents.
- They’re engaged! Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher are getting married They’re engaged! Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher are getting married.
- How many of your wedding guests have YOU slept with?! A new study reveals that 60% per cent of newlyweds have slept with two more more of their wedding guests.
- Congratulations Girl! Allison Williams gets engaged The Girls actress is marrying her boyfriend of three years Ricky Van Veen.
- Sex makes you smarter As well as being a rather enjoyable form of cardio exercise, sex can also make you smarter. Who knew?