It’s a Tuesday, it’s raining, it’s January and pay day is still a while off – we imagine, like us, you’re feeling pretty fragile…
So prepare to absolutely bawl your eyes out at this emotional video of a local man singing his bride down the aisle to a teary ballad.
The clip shows Niall Donnelly from Omagh waiting at the altar for his bride Jill, singing an emotionally charged rendition of Ronan Keating’s This I Promise You.
The video was first taken at Niall and Jill’s wedding in Drumragh Chapel back in 2010, but went viral again this week after being re-posted on Facebook.
It’s probably not surprising to hear that with a voice like that, Niall is actually a professional singer with over 15 years’ experience.
Speaking to Breakingnews.ie about his spur of the moment decision to sing the song, Niall said: “Bronagh (his singing partner) and I have been doing chapel singing at weddings for years and this is one of the songs that we’d do.
“At the rehearsal dinner on the Thursday night before the wedding somebody suggested that I sing it for Jill – but in my head, the thought of it was pure cheese.
“I thought ‘no way’ – but then the night before the wedding the lads from the band were at my house, we had a few whiskies in us and they talked me into it.”
Well we’re certainly glad that Niall mustered up the courage. Even though we’re weeping into our keyboards…
You might also like:
- Real Irish Weddings - Susan Goodwin and Brian Quain
- 2016 wedding dress trends unveiled at London shows We report on the new wedding dress trends from London Bridal Week and The White Gallery
- How to host the perfect tea party wedding Playful and romantic - how to have a tasteful tea party themed day!
- 15 Signs your engagement is making everyone else sick Annoying things that ALL engaged couple do (yes, even you!)
- Find out what Victoria Beckham's wedding gift to Geri Halliwell was...