Wedding Journal’s Deputy Editor Sarah-Jayne Cassells reports from the British Bridal Exhibition (BBE) in Harrogate, with the top looks, trends, colours and materials for the 2014 bride…
The 2014 bride is going to be spoilt for choice with the stunning new bridal collections filling up bridal boutiques in Ireland over the next few months with 350 collections from more than 250 of the finest bridal manufactures and bridal designers across the world, Irish bridal retailers had the pick of the new 2014 wedding dress collections.
Here are Wedding Journal’s top wedding dress trends for 2014:
Lace wedding dresses
It is still the most wanted material of the modern day bride. After Kate Middleton set the trend on her wedding day, bridal boutiques have been coming down with lace wedding dresses in all shapes and sizes and it looks like this is set to continue.
Luxurious wedding dress fabrics
Lace not quite your thing? Don’t worry as gorgeous fabrics such as silk, fine taffeta, romantic chiffon and richly detailed gemstone embroidery will also play a big part in the 2014 bridal collections.
Wedding dress embellishments
Jewelled necklines and stunning details also stood out on wedding dresses. Bling and sparkle are everywhere for that bride who doesn’t want to go unnoticed.
Wedding dress colours
I personally love a bit of colour when it comes to a wedding dress. Don’t worry ivory and white are still the preferred colour of choice, but a few tones of blush, power blue and my favourite, mocha, popped up every now and again, which was refreshing to see. A coloured wedding dress may not be your thing, but with plenty of bridal accessories on offer – colour can still be used – don’t be afraid of it!
Wedding dress styles
High necks, long sleeves and fun short wedding dresses popped up a lot more often than expected. Wedding dresses with that vintage feel and others with ultra-modern twists or just simple understated elegance were in abundance.
New wedding dress designers
Up and coming labels such as Cocoe Voci, Miquel Suay, Stephanie James, Cabotine, Mooshki and Tabitha all caught my eye this September. Watch this space as these labels make their way into bridal boutiques throughout Ireland very soon.
These are only a few of the wedding dress trends that caught my eye, but I would certainly say there is definitely a wedding dress for YOU from the 2014 bridal collections at Harrogate.
Wedding dress ideas and inspiration
- What to wear if … you’re a pear shaped bride Our pick of the best wedding dresses for the bottom heavy babes.
- Wonderful winter wedding dresses 10 seasonal wedding dresses for winter brides and tips on what to wear.
- From the catwalk to the aisle – London Fashion Week s/s 2014 63 Bridal style dresses hot off the catwalk at London Fashion Week.
- The bridal trouser suit - 10 of the best Ladies it's time to suit up and get down to business because this wedding season you’ll be wearing the trousers.
- NEW 2014 collections from Ian Stuart & Stewart Parvin Highlights from The White Gallery bridal trade show in London
- The wedding suit – hire vs buy Will you hire or buy your wedding suit? WJOnline helps you make the big decision.